- Let the Virtuoso's professional-grade 40mm conical burrs perform their magic for a consistent, fine grind. How about a French Press? The Virtuoso can handle that too, with a particle size uniformity that gives you consistency from cup to cup. In fact, the Virtuoso is so consistent at both the coarse and fine ends of the grind range that we consider it to be in a class all by itself - and so do many of the micro- and specialty-roasters who swear by it.
- The secret to the Virtuoso's consistent, smooth grind is: an efficient DC motor keeps your beans cool, even during extended grind times, while a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth bean feed and reducing noise, heat and static buildup.
- The Virtuoso's exterior is just as finely tuned as its interior - a convenient front-mounted pulse button allows for grinding directly into an espresso filter basket, while a 60-second timer means that it's easy to replicate the ideal grind time. With the Virtuoso, the look goes beyond merely functional.
- A sculptured metal top and base give this grinder an expensive, elegant image that adds a sense of class and quality to kitchen counters and coffee shop workspaces alike.
- Speed to Grind: 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec.; Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g); Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g); Weight: 8 lbs. (3.6kg); Dimensions WxHxD cm: 12x35x16 cm; Power Rating (North America): 110 V AC 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp; Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. .5 Amps; Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK; Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
Burrs: The Burrs on this grinder were manufactured in Europe, and the Virtuoso’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec. depending on the setting.
But what really sets the Virtuoso burrs apart is that these burrs do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So the Baraztza Virtuoso burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, French Press and manual brewing methods. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The burrs have a precision mounting system to ensure a stable platform for accurate grinding.
Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. This makes the Baratza a very sturdy and long lasting device
Grind Adjustment: You have the ability to turn the hopper and with 40 different settings you can quickly adjust the grind from fine (for espresso) to a coarse grind (for French Press). The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
Grind Residue: There are less grinds left in the grinder which will maximize freshness, the Baratzo Virtuoso greatly minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
Brewing Method: The Virtuoso grinder is a great all around grinder, from manual brewing to espresso.
Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles.
Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind.
Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Virtuoso uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed.
Timer Switch: The Virtuoso has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics.